Friday, January 22, 2010

Turkey Burgers

This is a pretty simple recipe, but is really good. We have been trying to eat a little healthier and lose a little weight, so I went in search of healthy recipes and this was one that I found. I actually really like it! Ive been making a whole bunch, shaping the patties and then freezing them for whenever I want. Its pretty good. Anyways, on to the recipe.

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb lean turkey sausage
1 celery rib, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, finely grated
1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp soy sauce

3 ripe tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2 in slices
Lettuce

Directions
Combine the turkey, sausage, celery, zucchini, garlic, pepper and soy sauce in a bowl and mix gently. With wet hands, shape into 6 (1/2 inch) patties.
Grill or Broil the burgers 4 inches from heat until cooked through, 8-10 minutes, turning after 6.
Place the tomatoes on the grill or broil until charred and hot, 5 minutes, turning once and sprinkling with pepper.

The changes I made were that I didnt add the zucchini because I never have it. I also dont do the tomatoes because I dont like them :) Makella eats these too with no problem. Very yummy!

No comments: